Want to learn a better way to compare more affordable insurance rates in Norfolk, VA? Norfolk shoppers have a choice when shopping for the lowest priced Audi TT insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents to compare prices or use the internet to get rate quotes. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance and we'll show you the best way to get price quotes for a Audi and find the lowest price.
Shocking but true, nearly 70% of customers have been with the same company for well over three years, and just under half have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Norfolk drivers could save an average of nearly $500 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they feel it's too difficult to shop their coverage around.
Get affordable Audi TT insurance in Norfolk with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there's a good chance there are discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before being credited. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Safe Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Accident Waiver - Not really a discount, but some companies like Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Drive Less and Save - Low mileage vehicles could qualify for substantially lower premium rates.
- 55 and Retired - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Clubs and Organizations - Participating in a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for auto insurance.
- Paperless Signup - A handful of insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy over the internet.
- Telematics Devices - Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to track driving manner through the use of a telematics system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Good Grades Discount - Being a good student may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- GEICO offers discounts including defensive driver, daytime running lights, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, and air bags.
- MetLife has discounts for multi-policy, good driver, good student, accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free
- State Farm has savings for defensive driving training, driver's education, student away at school, multiple policy, good driver, good student, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for multi-car, professional/association, low natural disaster claims, anti-theft, type of vehicle, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century may include discounts for student driver, teen driver, air bags, homeowners, theft prevention, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- Allstate includes discounts for early signing, anti-lock brakes, good student, defensive driver, EZ pay plan discount, and economy car.
It's a good idea to ask all the companies which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in your area. To see companies that offer the discounts shown above in Virginia, follow this link.
Cutting your car insurance rates is not rocket science. All you need to do is spend a few minutes to get quotes online from several insurance companies.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Norfolk, VA. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TT 2.0T Quattro 2-Dr Coupe||$172||$352||$348||$20||$104||$996||$83|
|TT 2.0T Quattro 2-Dr Coupe||$272||$624||$312||$18||$94||$1,320||$110|
|TT 2.0T Quattro 2-Dr Coupe||$246||$522||$312||$18||$94||$1,192||$99|
|TT S 2.0T Quattro 2-Dr Coupe||$212||$426||$242||$14||$72||$966||$81|
|TT 2.0T Quattro 2-Dr Roadster||$224||$414||$258||$16||$78||$990||$83|
|TT 2.0T Quattro 2-Dr Roadster||$192||$428||$290||$18||$88||$1,016||$85|
|TT S 2.0T Quattro 2-Dr Coupe||$264||$602||$270||$16||$80||$1,232||$103|
|TT S 2.0T Quattro 2-Dr Roadster||$146||$334||$290||$18||$88||$876||$73|
|TT 2.0T Quattro 2-Dr Roadster||$340||$756||$348||$20||$104||$1,568||$131|
|TT S 2.0T Quattro 2-Dr Roadster||$210||$476||$290||$18||$88||$1,082||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can decrease or increase premium rates greatly.
Audi TT liability rates compared to full coverage
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Audi TT auto insurance rates with and without full coverage. The data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There isn't a steadfast formula to delete physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Audi TT settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it's costing you more than $400 a year for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When choosing your policy, there is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Are my friends covered when driving my Audi TT?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Should I file a claim if it's only slightly more than my deductible?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Get rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Norfolk auto insurance agent
Some people still like to sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find better rates and still have a local agent.
By using this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Norfolk who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in Norfolk
If you would like to find a local agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Norfolk are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but it's good to learn the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Norfolk who can help you get price quote information.
- Ken Crowder - State Farm Insurance Agent
5802 E Virginia Beach Blvd #128 - Norfolk, VA 23502 - (757) 461-2027 - View Map
- Ronnie Vigneault - State Farm Insurance Agent
211 E City Hall Ave #14 - Norfolk, VA 23510 - (757) 625-1019 - View Map
- John Workman - State Farm Insurance Agent
7425 Tidewater Dr - Norfolk, VA 23505 - (757) 583-4589 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents often have affiliation with several companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you should always include a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many can place coverage with small regional insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Norfolk independent insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Manuel G Nofplot Jr
7925 Halprin Dr - Norfolk, VA 23518 - (757) 583-2100 - View Map
- Bruce Laderberg Insurance
6350 Center Dr #228 - Norfolk, VA 23502 - (757) 965-7700 - View Map
- Richard M Marshall Insurance
132 Afton Ave - Norfolk, VA 23505 - (757) 480-6539 - View Map
After talking to the agent and getting good responses to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, most likely you have located an insurance agent that is professional and can adequately provide car insurance.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Audi TT in Norfolk, insurance is required for several reasons.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a lienholder, almost every bank will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Audi for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, car insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $850 per year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Auto insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This will cover damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/20 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $20,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like structural damage, medical services, court costs and repair bills for other people's vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Virginia state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/20 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage covers damage to your TT resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as damaging your car on a curb, colliding with a tree and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible on your TT to save money on collision insurance.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Audi TT.
Since many Virginia drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/20), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from flooding, falling objects, a broken windshield and fire damage. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for pain medications, funeral costs, nursing services and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
You can lower your car insurance rates
As you quote Norfolk auto insurance, it's a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, someone dropped liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation and even being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is actually quite simple.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to get a better price on Audi TT insurance in Norfolk. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from an unexpected company.
To learn more, link through to the resources below:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Virginia Car Insurance for a Ford Edge? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Virginia? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Roanoke, VA? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Virginia? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Richmond, Virginia? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Virginia? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Virginia? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Centreville, Virginia? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)