Would you like to buy more affordable auto insurance rates in Suffolk, VA? Shopping for discount quotes online might appear challenging for consumers new to buying insurance on the web. With so many options of companies in the marketplace, how can consumers have time to compare all the different companies and get cheaper auto insurance prices?
Shocking but true, the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Virginia could pocket roughly $500 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they won't spend time to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes.
Suffolk auto insurance discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there may be some discounts that you may not even know about. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but a few must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with the same insurance company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Suffolk auto insurance.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- College Student Discount - Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Suffolk and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Memberships - Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on auto insurance.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Auto insurance companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
If you need the cheapest Suffolk auto insurance quotes, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Some credits may not apply in Suffolk. To find insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Suffolk, click here to view.
When shopping for insurance there are multiple ways of comparing rates from many available insurance companies in Virginia. The recommended way to find cheaper rates is to get quotes online. Keep in mind that getting more free quotes will improve the odds of getting more affordable rates.
The following companies provide price quotes in Suffolk, VA. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When quoting and comparing your policy, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. You are unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Don't give up on cheap premiums
While you're price shopping online, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Cheaper car insurance in Suffolk is possible from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Suffolk, so you need to quote Suffolk auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not offer online quoting and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to find cheaper coverage online. It's most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.