Want to know how to find more affordable Chevy Silverado insurance in Virginia Beach? Buying budget Virginia Beach Chevy Silverado insurance quotes can be intimidating for drivers new to comparing rates on the internet. When there are so many online companies, how can you have a chance to compare every company in order to find the lowest price?
It's shocking but the vast majority of car insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates with other companies. Virginia Beach drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they just don't understand how easy it is to compare rates and save money.
How to compare Virginia Beach Chevy Silverado insurance quotes
Keep in mind that comparing more quotes will increase your chances of finding a lower rate than you're paying now.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Virginia. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$136||$234||$280||$16||$84||$750||$63|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$92||$170||$270||$16||$80||$628||$52|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$118||$238||$378||$22||$114||$870||$73|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$124||$224||$274||$16||$82||$720||$60|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$190||$412||$290||$18||$88||$998||$83|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$140||$264||$290||$18||$88||$800||$67|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$148||$248||$300||$18||$90||$804||$67|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$140||$264||$328||$20||$98||$850||$71|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$194||$406||$290||$18||$88||$996||$83|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$214||$486||$328||$20||$98||$1,146||$96|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$242||$462||$262||$16||$78||$1,060||$88|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$202||$392||$392||$24||$118||$1,128||$94|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$218||$386||$296||$18||$88||$1,006||$84|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$194||$386||$270||$16||$80||$946||$79|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$214||$486||$328||$20||$98||$1,146||$96|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$242||$462||$262||$16||$78||$1,060||$88|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$278||$668||$348||$20||$104||$1,418||$118|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$218||$462||$248||$14||$74||$1,016||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in specific location which can affect prices considerably.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The information below illustrates the difference between Chevrolet Silverado premium costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The price estimates are based on no violations or accidents, $100 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to eliminate full coverage
There isn't a steadfast formula for eliminating physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's assume your Chevrolet Silverado claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $400 a year to have full coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not recommended. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should maintain full coverage.
Slash rates with these nine rate reducing discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details both well-publicized and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Virginia Beach auto insurance online.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not really a discount, but a few companies such as State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Good Students Pay Less - Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Virginia Beach auto insurance quote. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Drivers Ed for Students - It's a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver's education class in high school.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on Silverado insurance in Virginia Beach.
- Organization Discounts - Having an affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount when getting a Virginia Beach auto insurance quote.
- Buy New and Save - Insuring a new Silverado can save up to 30% since newer models are generally safer.
- Responsible Driver Discount - Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Own a Home - Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Military Discounts - Being on active duty in the military may lower your insurance rates slightly.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like it's possible to get free car insurance, companies don't profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the amount you have to pay.
Auto insurance companies that may offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Savings may not apply in Virginia Beach.
Auto insurance is not optional in Virginia
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Virginia Beach, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Virginia but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy Silverado has a loan, it's most likely the lender will force you to have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $855 a year so shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
How to know if you need help
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Can I cancel at any time?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Some consumers would rather sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Virginia Beach who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't even need to leave your house since price quotes are sent to you directly. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
If you want to use a good Virginia Beach insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures to choose from. Auto insurance agents in Virginia Beach can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company's rates such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Virginia Beach that are able to give rate quotes.
- Ed Barnhart - State Farm Insurance Agent
5660 Indian River Rd #126 - Virginia Beach, VA 23464 - (757) 366-0322 - View Map
- Jessica Hester - State Farm Insurance Agent
2247 W Great Neck Rd #102 - Virginia Beach, VA 23451 - (757) 481-1840 - View Map
- Ken Crowder - State Farm Insurance Agent
5802 E Virginia Beach Blvd #128 - Norfolk, VA 23502 - (757) 461-2027 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents often have affiliation with several companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you contact a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most also write with companies that do not advertise much which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Virginia Beach willing to provide rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Bob McCrearyh CLU Insurance Agency, Inc.
533 Newtown Rd #112 - Virginia Beach, VA 23462 - (757) 497-1899 - View Map
- Huffman Insurance Agency
5541 Parliament Dr #209 - Virginia Beach, VA 23462 - (757) 200-3183 - View Map
- Choice Insurance Agency
4664 South Blvd - Virginia Beach, VA 23452 - (757) 416-5100 - View Map
After you get good answers to any questions you have and an affordable coverage quote, you may have found an auto insurance agent that will properly service your auto insurance policy. Just be aware that you are entitled to cancel coverage whenever you choose to so don't think that you are obligated to a specific agent for the entire policy term.
Car insurance specifics
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverage types found on the average car insurance policy.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to other people or property. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/20 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $20,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things like repair costs for stationary objects, court costs, structural damage and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Virginia requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/20 but you should consider buying higher limits.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Silverado.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/20), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as falling objects, rock chips in glass and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses for prosthetic devices, hospital visits and dental work. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible on your Silverado to get cheaper collision coverage.