Do you want to save money by finding the cheapest car insurance rates in Norfolk, VA? Norfolk drivers have options when trying to find affordable Toyota Tacoma insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents to compare prices or leverage the internet to get rate quotes. There is a better way to find car insurance online and you need to know the quickest way to get price quotes for a Toyota and get the cheapest rates from Norfolk insurance agents and online providers.
Cheap auto insurance in Norfolk, VA
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Virginia. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$136||$260||$348||$20||$104||$868||$72|
|Tacoma X-Runner 2WD||$96||$212||$248||$14||$74||$644||$54|
|Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$176||$306||$334||$20||$100||$936||$78|
|Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off-Road Package 4WD||$278||$492||$348||$20||$104||$1,242||$104|
|Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport Package 4WD||$214||$392||$290||$18||$88||$1,002||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise premiums significantly.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can raise or lower Toyota Tacoma insurance rates for different insured age categories. The data is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Don't neglect these six discounts
Some insurance providers don't always list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious auto insurance savings.
- Own a Home - Being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not really a discount, but companies like Libery Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Active Service Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Norfolk auto insurance quote.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Accident Free - Norfolk drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you're out of luck.
Companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for driver training, good student, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, and renewal discount.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple autos, anti-theft, driver's education, passive restraint, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- Allstate has discounts for farm vehicle, new car, anti-lock brakes, economy car, multi-policy, and good payer.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for business or organization, easy pay, family plan, defensive driving, and anti-theft.
- MetLife offers discounts including multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, defensive driver, good student, accident-free
Double check with every prospective company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts might not be offered everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer free Toyota Tacoma insurance quotes in Virginia, click this link.
Can't I get rate quotes from local Norfolk insurance agencies?
A small number of people still like to sit down with an agent. Good agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Norfolk who will give you bids for your coverage. You won't need to drive around since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, don't hesitate to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Any good agent in Norfolk should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Norfolk?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
Shown below are Norfolk car insurance companies that may be able to provide price quote information for Toyota Tacoma insurance in Norfolk.
- Kelly Zahratka - State Farm Insurance Agent
409 Yarmouth St a - Norfolk, VA 23510 - (757) 626-1020 - View Map
- Bruce Laderberg Insurance
6350 Center Dr #228 - Norfolk, VA 23502 - (757) 965-7700 - View Map
- Abbott-Payne Insurance
6330 N Center Dr # 200 - Norfolk, VA 23502 - (757) 466-1231 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: G W Brothers Inc
1011 W Little Creek Rd - Norfolk, VA 23505 - (757) 588-7717 - View Map
Be skeptical of car insurance ads
Virginia drivers constantly see and hear ads that promise big savings for switching by companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads state the claim about how much you will save if you change to them.
Is it even possible that every company can offer drivers better rates? It's all in the wording.
Insurance providers have underwriting criteria for the type of driver that earns them a profit. One example of a driver they prefer could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, has never had a claim, and drives newer vehicles. Any person that matches those criteria will most likely get cheap auto insurance rates and will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who do not match these stringent criteria may be required to pay a higher premium and this can result in the customer buying from a different company. If you listen closely, the ads state "drivers that switch" not "everyone that quotes" can get the lowest rates when switching. That is how companies can state the savings. Because every company is different, drivers should do a rate comparison at every renewal. You cannot predict which insurance companies will provide the lowest Toyota Tacoma insurance in Norfolk.
Car insurance specifics
Having a good grasp of car insurance can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Tacoma resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car, hitting a parking meter and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It's also possible to bump up the deductible on your Tacoma in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Toyota Tacoma.
Since many Virginia drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/20), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from getting keyed, a broken windshield, fire damage and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects you against other people's claims, and doesn't cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/20 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $20,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as court costs, legal defense fees and repair bills for other people's vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Virginia requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/20 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses for things like chiropractic care, prosthetic devices, EMT expenses and doctor visits. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
What is YOUR best insurance company?
As you quote Norfolk auto insurance, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like policy cancellation, poor customer service, delays in paying claims or even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, finding a new car insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
You just learned many ideas to reduce Toyota Tacoma insurance prices online in Norfolk. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Norfolk auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best prices are with the smaller companies.
Much more information about car insurance in Virginia can be found on the following sites:
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Virginia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Virginia? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Ashburn, Virginia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Virginia? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)