Having to pay for high-priced Toyota Corolla insurance in Norfolk can eat up your checking account and make it hard to pay other bills. Doing a rate analysis is free and is an excellent way to make ends meet.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that nearly 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and almost half have never compared auto insurance rates at all. The average driver in Virginia can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Due to the increasing number of auto insurance companies to choose from, it is very difficult to pick the lowest cost auto insurance company.
Buying affordable auto insurance in Norfolk is much easier if you know where to start. Essentially anyone who compares rate quotes for auto insurance should be able to cut their insurance bill. Nevertheless, Virginia drivers do need to know the way companies price insurance differently and take advantage of how the system works.
Companies offering Toyota Corolla insurance in Norfolk
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Virginia. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in specific Norfolk garaging location which can affect rates considerably.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can increase Toyota Corolla yearly insurance costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The diagram below demonstrates how deductible levels and can affect Toyota Corolla insurance costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Get cheaper rates by earning discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but a few need to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you are just wasting money.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Telematics Data Discounts - People who choose to allow companies to look at driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate's Drivewise could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Active Military Service - Being on active duty in the military could mean lower prices.
- Norfolk Homeowners Discount - Just being a homeowner can save you money since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Drive Less and Save - Keeping the miles down on your Toyota could be rewarded with cheaper insurance rates.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Corolla insurance policy expiration. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Government Employees - Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Distant College Student Discount - Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Norfolk and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Professional Organizations - Being a member of certain professional organizations could trigger savings on your bill.
- Buy New and Save - Putting insurance coverage on a new Corolla can save up to 30% because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
To see insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Virginia, follow this link.
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When selecting coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different and your auto insurance should unique, too. For instance, these questions may help highlight if you may require specific advice.
- When should I drop full coverage on my Toyota Corolla?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Toyota Corolla?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Buying from insurance agencies
Some consumers just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes to get your business. There is no need to leave your house as quotes are delivered directly to you. You'll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Where are claims handled?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Norfolk for you
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Norfolk agents are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive agents can only provide one company's prices and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Norfolk who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to do anything. If you need cheaper insurance rates, we recommend you compare prices from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Norfolk that can give you comparison quotes.
FR44 and SR22 Insurance Norfolk Virginia
Waterside Dr - Norfolk, VA 23510 - (844) 384-2765 - View Map
Virginia FR44 and SR22 Insurance - Select Insurance Group
Monticello Ave - Norfolk, VA 23510 - (877) 979-7873 - View Map
Upon getting reasonable responses to any questions you may have as well as inexpensive Toyota Corolla insurance in Norfolk quotes, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that will adequately provide insurance. Just understand that it's your policy and you can terminate coverage whenever you wish so don't think you are locked into a specific agent with no way to switch.
Be skeptical of auto insurance ads
Auto insurance companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm endlessly run ads on television and other media. All the companies advertise claims about saving some big amount if you change your policy. But how can every company charge lower premium rates? This is the way they can do it.
All the different companies quote their cheapest rates for the type of driver that earns them the most money. One example of a profitable customer may need to be over the age of 40, has never had a claim, and has excellent credit. A driver who matches those parameters will get low premium rates as well as save some money.
Consumers who are not a match for the "perfect" profile may be forced to pay higher prices with the end result being the driver buying from a lower-cost company. If you listen to the ad wording, they say "customers that switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that kind of money. This is how insurance companies can make claims like that. Because each company has a different risk profile, drivers must get Norfolk car insurance quotes from several different companies. It is impossible to predict with any certainty which company will give you the biggest savings.
Persistence pays off
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Cheap Toyota Corolla insurance in Norfolk is definitely available online and with local Norfolk insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not offer online price quotes and these small, regional companies sell through local independent agencies.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found in these articles:
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Veterans in Virginia? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Ashburn, Virginia? (FAQ)
- How Much are Virginia Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Leesburg, Virginia? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Virginia? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Virginia Beach, Virginia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a School Permit in Virginia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Virginia Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Suffolk, Virginia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Used Cars in Virginia? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)