Sick and tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to insure your Ford every month? Your situation is no different than many other Virginia drivers.
It's amazing but about 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Drivers in Virginia can save 45% each year, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they replace their high priced policy. Since drivers have many options when it comes to insurance, it can be diffult for people to locate the most affordable insurance company.
The purpose of this post is to teach you how to effectively get price quotes and some money-saving tips. If you already have coverage, you should be able to find better prices using this information. Drivers just have to know the fastest way to shop their coverage around from many different companies online.
How to buy Ford Escape insurance online
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$128||$204||$226||$14||$68||$640||$53|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$92||$170||$248||$14||$74||$598||$50|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$136||$218||$224||$14||$66||$658||$55|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$156||$218||$224||$14||$66||$678||$57|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$118||$196||$284||$16||$86||$700||$58|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$136||$260||$296||$18||$88||$798||$67|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise rates significantly.
The chart below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can change Ford Escape insurance premiums for different age groups. The costs are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Save a ton by taking advantage of discounts
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may qualify for discounts to help offset the cost. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but a few must be asked for in order for you to get them. If you're not getting every credit you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Senior Citizens - Seniors can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Virginia Beach car insurance quote.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Low Miles Discount - Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning a home in Virginia Beach can get you a discount because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Memberships - Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for insurance.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Select insurance companies reward you with better prices if you take out some life insurance too.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver's ed class if offered at their school.
- Sign Early and Save - Some companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to your current Escape insurance policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Active Service Discounts - Having an actively deployed family member can result in better prices.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies aren't that generous.
If you would like to see a list of providers who offer free Ford Escape insurance quotes in Virginia, click here.
Local insurance agents
A lot of people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Good insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local insurance agents is especially important in Virginia Beach.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is sent to companies in Virginia Beach who will give competitive quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Virginia Beach should know the answers to these questions.
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Virginia Beach?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Does their agency support local causes in Virginia Beach?
How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the factors that help calculate your insurance rates. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower premium levels. Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but others are less apparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
Listed below are some of the items utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
- Your location is a factor - Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect when talking about insurance. Urban drivers regularly have congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to lower liability claims
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine - Good drivers have lower premiums as compared to those with violations. Having a single citation could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Drivers who get careless tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Excellent credit means lower prices - Having a good credit history can be an important factor in determining what you pay for insurance. So if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Ford Escape if you improve your credit rating. Drivers who have excellent credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower credit ratings.
- Do you need those extra coverages? - There are quite a few extra coverages that you can buy on your Escape policy. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but if they're wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
- Does auto insurance cost more for men? - Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, don't assume that females are better at driving than males. Both sexes get in at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the men have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
- Marriage is a good thing - Being married may save some money on your policy. Having a significant other translates into being more stable financially and statistics prove drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Reserve insurance claims for larger damages - Car insurance companies in Virginia provide the best rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Ford Escape claim statistics - Insurers use statistical claims data to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that statistically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have increased rates. The information below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Ford Escape vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Ford Escape Insurance Claim Statistics
Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Escape 4dr 2WD 80 91 83 94 94 92 Ford Escape 4dr 4WD 81 84 94 85 90 77
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need to buy insurance
Even though Virginia Beach Escape insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Ford Escape, most banks will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford at a more expensive rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Virginia overpays more than $865 each year so compare rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
You can lower your insurance rates
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don't be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Lower-priced Ford Escape insurance in Virginia Beach can be purchased from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide internet price quotes and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can get a better price on Ford Escape insurance in Virginia Beach. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting affordable Ford Escape insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with a small local company. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
More detailed insurance information can be read in these articles:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Seniors in Virginia? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)