Confused by the sheer number of auto insurance choices available to you? Consumers have so many options that it can really be a big hassle to find lower prices on Ford Escape insurance. If you live there, you know that Chesapeake has lots to offer, but the high cost of auto insurance makes it impossible to meet other financial obligations.
It's hard to believe, but most auto insurance buyers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and almost half have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Consumers in Virginia could pocket nearly 45% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't believe the large savings they would see if they bought a different policy.
When looking for cheaper Chesapeake car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare rate quotes from companies that offer car insurance in Virginia. The easiest way by far to compare Ford Escape insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online. Keep in mind that comparing more prices helps locate a lower rate.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Virginia. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$118||$214||$296||$18||$88||$734||$61|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$148||$284||$248||$14||$74||$768||$64|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$192||$328||$218||$12||$66||$816||$68|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$246||$404||$296||$18||$88||$1,052||$88|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$94||$144||$206||$12||$62||$518||$43|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$180||$308||$226||$14||$68||$796||$66|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in garaging location in Chesapeake which can modify coverage rates significantly.
Gender-based auto insurance premiums in Chesapeake
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Ford Escape insurance prices for male and female drivers. The data is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The example below examines Ford Escape insurance premiums when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no exact rule to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's assume your Ford Escape claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $200 a year to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Cheap Ford Escape insurance quotes in Chesapeake
Auto insurance companies don't necessarily list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Good Grades Discount - This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Claim-Free Discount - Good drivers with no accidents get the best auto insurance rates in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Select auto insurance companies reward you with a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Military Rewards - Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Drivers who insure multiple cars on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Driving Data Discount - Insureds who allow companies to monitor where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Low Mileage - Low mileage vehicles could earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Senior Citizens - Mature drivers could receive a small decrease in premiums.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
A few companies that have most of these discounts are:
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Savings might not be offered on policies in Chesapeake. To choose insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Virginia, follow this link.
Why You Might Pay Increased Rates in Chesapeake
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but some are less apparent like where you live or your vehicle rating. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the rating factors that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. If you understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower rates.
The list below includes some of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
- Pleasure use or commuting - Driving a lot of miles in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Almost all companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that are left in the garage receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. A policy that improperly rates your Escape may be wasting your money. It's a good idea to make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet shows the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Rates may be higher where you live - Having an address in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers in populated Virginia areas tend to have much more traffic and longer commutes to work. Longer commute distances means more chance of being in an accident.
- Save money by having multiple policies - Many insurance companies will award a discount to customers who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it's always a smart idea to comparison shop to ensure the best deal.There is a chance you can find lower rates even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Your car's features help determine rates - Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent car theft.
- An active policy claims history can cost more - If you file a lot of claims don't be surprised to see either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance companies in Virginia award most affordable rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Insurance loss statistics a Ford Escape - Car insurance companies analyze historical claim data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that the data shows to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher premium rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Ford Escape vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentages above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Ford Escape Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Escape 4dr 2WD 80 91 83 94 94 92 Ford Escape 4dr 4WD 81 84 94 85 90 77
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare rate quotes but still have a local neighborhood Chesapeake car insurance agent
A lot of people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain better rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is especially important in Chesapeake.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is sent to companies in Chesapeake who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you need to find a reliable insurance agent, it's important to understand the types of agencies to choose from. Auto insurance agencies are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won't have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most also write with small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Chesapeake that may be able to give you price quotes.
- Specialized Insurance Services, Inc.
900 Stanhope Gardens - Chesapeake, VA 23320 - (757) 410-5800 - View Map
- Deborah Williams Insurance Agency, Inc./Global Green Insurance Agency
4200 Portsmouth Blvd #628 - Chesapeake, VA 23321 - (757) 967-9600 - View Map
- Insurance Doctor of Chesapeake VA
1437 Sam's Dr #121 - Chesapeake, VA 23320 - (757) 695-3209 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide one company's prices like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Chesapeake that are able to give rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Janney Agency, LLC
1369 S Military Hwy - Chesapeake, VA 23320 - (757) 361-6600 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Meincke Insurance Agency
1044 Volvo Pkwy #1 - Chesapeake, VA 23320 - (757) 420-8433 - View Map
- Kathy Kretz - State Farm Insurance Agent
838 Old George Washington Hwy N h - Chesapeake, VA 23323 - (757) 487-0074 - View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Any agent in Chesapeake should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How long has their agency been in business in Chesapeake?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Find affordable rates by being thorough
As you prepare to switch companies, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to get a better price on Ford Escape insurance in Chesapeake. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Chesapeake car insurance, the better likelihood of getting affordable Chesapeake car insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with a small local company. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much are Virginia Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit in Virginia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Virginia? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Leesburg, Virginia? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Sentra in Virginia? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Chesapeake, Virginia? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Richmond, Virginia? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)