Are you sick and tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay high car insurance rates every month? You are no different than many other consumers in Virginia.
It's astonishing, but a large majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never even compared rates from other companies. American consumers could save nearly $859 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don't know how much money they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
There is such a variety of car insurance companies to choose from, and although it's nice to have a choice, it can be more challenging to compare rates for Nissan 370Z insurance in Chesapeake.
It's a good idea to do rate comparisons before your next renewal because insurance rates tend to go up over time. Just because you had the lowest rate on Nissan 370Z insurance in Chesapeake a few years ago you can probably find a better price now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you're about to find out how to quote online to find great coverage at a great price.
The quickest way to compare car insurance company rates for Nissan 370Z insurance in Chesapeake is to realize most larger insurance companies pay for the opportunity to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including if you went to college, coverage limits, whether you drive to work or school, and if it has an alarm system. That rating data is submitted instantly to many different companies and you get price estimates quickly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in Virginia. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|370Z 2-Dr Coupe||$242||$532||$296||$18||$88||$1,176||$98|
|370Z 2-Dr Roadster||$200||$422||$312||$18||$94||$1,046||$87|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Coupe||$196||$468||$378||$22||$114||$1,178||$98|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Roadster||$176||$286||$338||$20||$100||$920||$77|
|370Z Nismo 2-Dr Coupe||$270||$672||$296||$18||$88||$1,344||$112|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in your specific Chesapeake location which can revise insurance rates considerably.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The illustration below shows the comparison of Nissan 370Z insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no definitive rule for eliminating physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's say your Nissan 370Z replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $400 a year for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Score discounts on Chesapeake car insurance
Some insurers do not advertise every discount they offer in a way that's easy to find, so the list below contains both well-publicized and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Chesapeake auto insurance online.
- Defensive Driver - Taking time to complete a class that teaches safe driver techniques can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Employee of Federal Government - Federal government employees can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- ABS Brakes - Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Buy New and Save - Putting insurance on a new 370Z can save you some money because newer models are generally safer.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- College Student Discount - College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
Larger car insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, air bags, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, military active duty, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife discounts include accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and good driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, and homeowner.
- Travelers has savings for student away at school, IntelliDrive, multi-policy, multi-car, hybrid/electric vehicle, and continuous insurance.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for teen safe driver, accident prevention training, safe driver, teen safety rewards, homeowner, and drive less.
- AAA offers premium reductions for good student, multi-car, pay-in-full, anti-theft, multi-policy, and AAA membership discount.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer free Nissan 370Z insurance quotes in Virginia, follow this link.
Should I contact an agent?
Certain consumers just want to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you may find cheaper rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents in Chesapeake who will give you quotes for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to drive around as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You'll get the best rates without a big time investment. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
Types of car insurance agents in Chesapeake
If you would like to find a local agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents that you can select. Insurance agencies in Chesapeake can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below are exclusive agents in Chesapeake that can give you price quote information.
Allstate Insurance: Integrity Ins - Brandie Becker Osburn
1524 Volvo Pkwy c - Chesapeake, VA 23320 - (757) 479-6812 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different car insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won't have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get several quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Chesapeake willing to provide comparison quotes.
Missions Insurance Agency: Jacques Cureton
517 Kempsville Rd F - Chesapeake, VA 23320 - (757) 447-7211 - View Map
After getting answers to your satisfaction as well as an affordable premium quote, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that is professional and can adequately provide car insurance. Just keep in mind it's your coverage and you can terminate your policy for any reason so don't feel that you're stuck with the car insurance policy with no way out.
How much car insurance do I need?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you could use an agent's help.
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- How high should deductibles be on a Nissan 370Z?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form.
Components of Your Nissan 370Z Insurance Costs
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although others are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the things that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you know what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
Don't get traffic citations - Even a single speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Drivers who don't get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers with dangerous violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to maintain a SR-22 with their state's licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
More performance means more cost - The type of vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your rates. Because the Nissan 370Z is classified as a sport coupe, insuring your vehicle will cost much more than the average rate where you live in Chesapeake. Economy passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Older drivers pay less - Teen drivers in Virginia are known to be less responsible in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Older insureds tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.
Increase physical damage deductibles and save - Your deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend in the event of a claim. Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, vandalism, and damage from wind. The higher the amount you're willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Cheaper rates by bundling - Many insurance companies will give discounts to insureds that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to 10 percent or more. Even if you're getting this discount it's in your best interest to compare Nissan 370Z rates in Chesapeake to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Costs impacted by vehicle usage - The higher the miles on your Nissan in a year's time the more you'll pay to insure it. Most companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. It's always a good idea to double check that your car insurance policy correctly shows the correct usage. An improperly rated 370Z can result in significantly higher rates.
Get married and get cheaper premiums - Having a wife or husband can get you a discount when buying car insurance. It usually means you are less irresponsible it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
Insurance losses for a Nissan 370Z - Car insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when they file their rates in each state. Models that are shown to have increased claim numbers or amounts will be charged more to insure. The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Nissan 370Z vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 represent a good loss history, while values over 100 point to more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Nissan 370Z Insurance Claim Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan 370Z 2dr||164||88||132||91||88|
|Nissan 370Z Convertible||129||73|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance is an important decision
Even though Chesapeake 370Z insurance rates can get expensive, paying for car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Nissan 370Z has a lienholder, it's guaranteed your bank will require you to buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Nissan at a significantly higher premium and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards your Nissan and your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your 370Z definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in Virginia overpays as much as $820 a year so compare quotes from several companies every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Find affordable insurance prices by comparing often
Some insurance providers do not provide rates over the internet and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents. Cheap Nissan 370Z insurance in Chesapeake can be bought on the web and also from your neighborhood Chesapeake agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture.
As you quote Chesapeake auto insurance, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced collision coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
We just covered some good ideas how to get a better price on Nissan 370Z insurance in Chesapeake. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Reston, Virginia? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Arlington, Virginia? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Lake Ridge, VA? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)