How many times have you told yourself it's time to shop around for cheaper Honda Civic insurance in Norfolk? Shopping for cheap Civic insurance can be a challenge if you are one of the many people new to online quoting. But don't be discouraged because there is an easy way to compare rates for Honda Civic insurance in Norfolk.
Sadly, about 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Most drivers in America could cut their rates by nearly 46.5% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don't grasp the rate savings if they changed companies.
It's a great practice to do price comparisons quite often due to the fact that insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the lowest premium rates on Honda Civic insurance in Norfolk at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better prices now. There is a lot of wrong information about Civic insurance online but we're going to give you some good information on how to reduce your auto insurance bill.
Companies offering Honda Civic insurance in Virginia
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Virginia. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts on Honda Civic insurance in Norfolk?
Car insurance companies do not advertise every available discount in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden ways to save on insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- New Car Discount - Buying a new car instead of a used Civic can get you a discount because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Senior Citizen Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you can get reduced rates.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for multiple cars on the same insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers discounts for passive restraint, good driver, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for youthful driver, homeowner, teen driver, early shopping, pay in full, and multi-car.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may offer discounts for air bags, daytime running lights, good student, anti-theft, military active duty, and emergency military deployment.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for air bags, safe driver, safe vehicle, paperless, and teen driver.
- The Hartford discounts include bundle, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, air bag, defensive driver, driver training, and good student.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for 55 and retired, good student, driver training, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- USAA offers discounts including annual mileage, driver training, new vehicle, good student, and military installation.
When quoting, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply in Norfolk. To locate insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Virginia, follow this link.
Compare prices but buy from a local neighborhood Norfolk car insurance agent
Many drivers would prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a great decision One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheaper rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Norfolk that give free quotes for your coverage. You never need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How are they compensated?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Norfolk?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
The following are Norfolk insurers that may be able to provide rate quotes for Honda Civic insurance in Norfolk.
- Joe Query - State Farm Insurance Agent
1815 E Little Creek Rd - Norfolk, VA 23518 - (757) 480-0033 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance - Bell Insurance Agency Corporation
8401 Hampton Blvd - Norfolk, VA 23505 - (757) 489-4822 - View Map
- S L Nusbaum Insurance Inc
500 W 21st St #300 - Norfolk, VA 23517 - (757) 622-4653 - View Map
- Beth Holland - State Farm Insurance Agent
5907 W Norfolk Rd Suite 102 - Portsmouth, VA 23703 - (757) 483-2444 - View Map
Big brands don't always mean big savings
Big name companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm regularly use ads on TV and radio. They all try to convey promises that drivers will save a bundle if you change your policy. How is it possible that every company can say the same thing? This is the way they can do it.
Many companies have specific characteristics for the right customer that earns them a profit. One example of a profitable insured might be between the ages of 30 and 50, has a clear driving record, and chooses high deductibles. Any customer who fits that profile will probably get the lowest premium rates and will save if they switch.
Consumers who fall outside these stringent criteria may receive a more expensive rate and the customer not buying. The ads state "drivers that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that much when switching. That is how companies can advertise the savings. Because of the profiling, it's extremely important to do a quote comparison often. It's just too difficult to predict which car insurance company will have the lowest rate quotes.
Quote. Compare. Save.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don't skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice full coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
We've covered a lot of tips how to save on Honda Civic insurance in Norfolk. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with an unexpected company.
Lower-priced Honda Civic insurance in Norfolk is attainable on the web and with local Norfolk insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
Additional detailed information is available in these articles: