Finding more affordable rates for GMC Sierra insurance in Virginia Beach is frustrating for beginners to online price comparisons. With more and more companies competing online, it can turn into more work than you anticipated to lower your prices on GMC Sierra insurance.
Unbelievably, nearly 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Consumers in America could save themselves nearly 46.5% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don't grasp the rate savings if they replace their high priced policy.
You should make it a habit to price shop coverage occasionally because insurance prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on GMC Sierra insurance in Virginia Beach a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you're going to learn the tricks you need to know to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Most larger insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm make it easy to get coverage prices from their websites. Obtaining pricing for GMC Sierra insurance in Virginia Beach is easy for anyone because it's just a matter of typing in the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. Behind the scenes, the quote system will obtain your credit score and driving record and returns a price based on these and other factors.
Being able to quote online for GMC Sierra insurance in Virginia Beach makes it simple to compare prices and it's necessary to get many rate quotes in order to get lower-cost rates.
To compare rates using this form now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you are getting rate comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$112||$194||$266||$16||$80||$668||$56|
|Sierra SL Extended Cab 2WD||$226||$336||$338||$20||$100||$1,020||$85|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$112||$194||$266||$16||$80||$668||$56|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 2WD||$256||$394||$338||$20||$100||$1,108||$92|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$194||$386||$270||$16||$80||$946||$79|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$166||$292||$266||$16||$80||$820||$68|
|Sierra SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$242||$462||$262||$16||$78||$1,060||$88|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$176||$360||$334||$20||$100||$990||$83|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$134||$280||$334||$20||$100||$868||$72|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 4WD||$176||$336||$248||$14||$74||$848||$71|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$204||$364||$266||$16||$80||$930||$78|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$224||$394||$258||$16||$78||$970||$81|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$240||$532||$290||$18||$88||$1,168||$97|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 2WD||$192||$378||$242||$14||$72||$898||$75|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 4WD||$204||$366||$258||$16||$78||$922||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Information does not factor in specific location which can influence coverage rates noticeably.
Liability only or full coverage
The example below shows the comparison of GMC Sierra yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no set guideline to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's say your GMC Sierra settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it's costing you more than $500 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Impact of citations and accidents on insurance rates
The diagram below shows how violations and at-fault accidents can drive up GMC Sierra yearly insurance costs for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Virginia Beach auto insurance discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might find some hidden discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Payment Method - By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Smart Student Discounts - Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Defensive Driving Course - Passing a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Sign Online - Certain auto insurance companies will give a small break for completing your application online.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better auto insurance rates.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially when compared with bad drivers.
- Senior Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive better auto insurance rates.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Virginia, follow this link.
Why you need vehicle insurance in Virginia
Despite the high cost, buying insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Sierra, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your GMC at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your GMC but also your assets. It also can pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $820 a year so shop around each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Insurance agents are professional risk managers
Many drivers still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this short form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in Virginia Beach who want to provide quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent directly to your email. It's the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company requires you to look at more than just the price. Before buying a policy in Virginia Beach, get answers to these questions.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Virginia Beach for you
If you would like to find a local Virginia Beach insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance policy providers can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to use the same agent mostly because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are exclusive agencies in Virginia Beach that can give you rate quotes.
- Kimberly Hitchman - State Farm Insurance Agent
3101 Virginia Beach Blvd #112 - Virginia Beach, VA 23452 - (757) 463-5480 - View Map
- Frank Owens - State Farm Insurance Agent
1776 Laskin Rd #102 - Virginia Beach, VA 23454 - (757) 428-3101 - View Map
- Al Taxter - State Farm Insurance Agent
6070 Indian River Rd #104 - Virginia Beach, VA 23464 - (757) 420-2575 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments so they can quote policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
When comparison shopping, it's a good idea to include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most independent agents also contract with small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Virginia Beach willing to provide price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Guzman Insurance Agency Inc
1920 Centerville Turnpike Ste 97 - Virginia Beach, VA 23464 - (757) 479-0551 - View Map
- Towne Insurance
301 Bendix Rd #300 - Virginia Beach, VA 23452 - (757) 468-6100 - View Map
- Bordeaux Insurance Agency
4654 Haygood Rd - Virginia Beach, VA 23455 - (757) 460-6220 - View Map