Want to learn how to find more affordable car insurance rates in Hopewell, VA? Hopewell buyers have options when searching for low-cost car insurance. You can either waste hours driving around to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a better way to find car insurance online so we're going to tell you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a new or used and get the cheapest rates from Hopewell insurance agents and online providers.
It's smart to shop coverage around every six months because car insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on car insurance a year ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I'm going to teach you the best way to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you have a policy now or just want cheaper coverage, take advantage of these tips to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. This information will teach you the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance and how to save the most money. Vehicle owners just have to learn the fastest way to shop for car insurance using one simple form.
The quickest way to compare policy rates is to take advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies provide online access to quote your coverage. To get started, all you need to do is give them some information such as whether you are married, how much you drive, your general credit rating, and driver ages. Those rating factors is submitted instantly to multiple different insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes with very little delay.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your car now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Hopewell.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Hopewell, VA. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD||$640||$320||$53|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$584||$292||$49|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$598||$299||$50|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$1,200||$600||$100|
|Ford Edge Limited AWD||$864||$432||$72|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$754||$377||$63|
|Ford F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$742||$371||$62|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$672||$336||$56|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$684||$342||$57|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$578||$289||$48|
|Honda Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,110||$555||$93|
|Hyundai Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$828||$414||$69|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$732||$366||$61|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$912||$456||$76|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$802||$401||$67|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Toyota Tacoma X-Runner 2WD||$746||$373||$62|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can modify rates considerably.
Full coverage rates compared to liability only
The diagram below examines Ford Escape insurance premiums with and without physical damage coverage. The premiums are based on no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Ford Escape rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no set rule of when to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Ford Escape replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $500 annually to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Cheaper rates on auto insurance with these auto insurance discounts
Some insurers don't always list all discounts very well, so we break down both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Discount for New Cars - Putting auto insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Own a Home - Just being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Membership in Organizations - Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums on auto insurance.
- Good Student Discount - Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some larger companies give discounts for switching policies early. Ten percent is about the average savings.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
To view providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Hopewell, click here to view.
Smart consumers save more
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that may result in cheaper rates.
- Performance makes a difference - The performance of the car you are insuring makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest base rates will normally be found when insuring economy passenger vehicles, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Gender impacts premiums - Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn't prove that men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men are in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but men tend to have higher claims. They also get higher numbers of serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Deter vehicle theft - Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
- Driver age impacts prices - Inexperience drivers are proven to be easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so insurance rates are higher. Adding a first-time driver onto a policy can cause a big jump in price. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
- How much liability insurance - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you if ever a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. It provides legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
What if I want to buy from local Hopewell insurance agencies?
A small number of people prefer to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Hopewell.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance data is immediately sent to insurance agents in Hopewell who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to search for an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are searching for a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can write insurance policies, but we need to point out how they differ since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you compare quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents normally can only provide a single company's rates and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. These agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Picking a auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the quoted price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How are they compensated?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
Do drivers who switch really save?
Virginia drivers constantly see and hear ads for auto insurance savings from the likes of Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to say the same thing about saving some big amount if you switch to their company.
Is it even possible that every company can have lower policy pricing? Here is the trick they use.
All companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that earns them a profit. An example of this type of risk profile might be described as between the ages of 30 and 50, has no claims, and has a high credit rating. A customer that matches those criteria will most likely get cheap car insurance rates and will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who don't meet the requirements will probably have to pay a higher rate which translates to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The wording the ads use say "drivers that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" will save that much if they switch. This is how companies can truthfully make those claims.
Because every company is different, you really need to do a quote comparison often. It is impossible to predict with any certainty which company will have the lowest rate quotes.
Cover all your bases
We covered a lot of ways to save on car insurance in Hopewell. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Hopewell auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest prices come from a smaller regional carrier.
More affordable car insurance in Hopewell is definitely available online as well as from independent agents in Hopewell, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices and high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding the right car insurance provider can be easier than you think.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Virginia Car Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Car Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in McLean, Virginia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford F-150 in Virginia? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Virginia? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Centreville, Virginia? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)