Do you need a fast way to compare lower-priced Honda Accord insurance in Chesapeake? Nobody that owns a car is fond of buying car insurance, especially when they are aware that the cost is way too high.
Sadly, the vast majority of Virginia car insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and almost half have never compared rates with other companies. U.S. insurance shoppers could pocket almost 46.5% a year by just shopping around, but they don't invest the time required to do a rate comparison. Lots of insurers contend for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a company and uncover the absolute lowest rate on Honda Accord insurance in Chesapeake.
Auto insurance providers offering affordable prices in Virginia
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Virginia. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$136||$250||$284||$16||$86||$772||$64|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$166||$312||$284||$16||$86||$864||$72|
|Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$166||$322||$230||$14||$68||$800||$67|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$148||$284||$248||$14||$74||$768||$64|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$156||$274||$296||$18||$88||$832||$69|
|Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$246||$492||$296||$18||$88||$1,140||$95|
|Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$120||$286||$352||$20||$106||$884||$74|
|Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$190||$486||$328||$20||$98||$1,122||$94|
|Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$284||$472||$380||$22||$114||$1,272||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in Chesapeake location which can raise or lower premiums noticeably.
How accidents and tickets impact rates
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions influence Honda Accord insurance costs for each age group. Data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The example below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can change Honda Accord yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. Data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Affordable Honda Accord insurance in Chesapeake
Some insurance providers don't list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the below list has some of the best known as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Chesapeake car insurance online.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Drivers who don't have accidents can save substantially as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Driver's Ed - Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver's education in school.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on Accord insurance in Chesapeake.
- Low Mileage - Low mileage vehicles could qualify for slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Older drivers may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before your rates go up if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, and good student.
- GEICO includes discounts for good student, federal employee, air bags, multi-vehicle, driver training, and daytime running lights.
- State Farm may have discounts that include anti-theft, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and defensive driving training.
- Esurance may offer discounts for defensive driver, online quote, renters, Pac-12 alumni, good driver, and multi-car.
- The Hartford offers discounts including anti-theft, bundle, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, air bag, and driver training.
If you want affordable Honda Accord insurance quotes, ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies everywhere.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
Many different elements are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are more obscure such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Driving citations are costly - Being a careful driver impacts premiums far more than you think. Drivers with clean records get better prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Having just one moving violation could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Drivers who have gotten careless violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- How do annual miles impact costs? - The more miles you rack up on your Honda in a year the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Cars used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. Verify your declarations sheet states the right rating data. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Accord may be wasting your money.
- Pay more if you have a long commute - Living in a small town can be a good thing when buying insurance. Less people corresponds to lower accident rates. Urban drivers have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Higher commute times means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Insurance costs and vehicle performance - The performance level of the vehicle you drive makes a huge difference in your premium level. Because the Honda Accord falls in the passenger car class, insurance will be similar in price or lower compared to average rates in Chesapeake. Low performance passenger models generally receive the lowest base rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- How much liability protection - Liability insurance will protect you if ever you are found to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
- What are your deductibles? - Physical damage coverage, also called 'full coverage', covers damage that occurs to your Honda. Some examples of covered claims would be a broken side mirror, vandalism, or theft. The deductibles you choose are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more expense you have to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Honda Accord insurance loss probability - Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher loss trends will have higher rates. The data below shows the insurance loss data for Honda Accord vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probablilty for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
Honda Accord Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Accord 91 85 90 122 117 94 Honda Accord Hybrid 96 80 98 89 76 84 Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 2WD 85 97 83 122 113 94 Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 4WD 99 102 94 120 93
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a "best" method to buy coverage. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Virginia minimum liability coverage?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can help protect your family.
Compare prices but still have a local Chesapeake insurance agency
Many people just prefer to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is that you can find lower rates and also buy local. Supporting small agencies is definitely important in Chesapeake.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance data is emailed to companies in Chesapeake who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Below is a list of car insurance companies in Chesapeake who can help you get rate quotes for Honda Accord insurance in Chesapeake.
Allstate Insurance: Brinson Byrdsong
644 Grassfield Pkwy #27 - Chesapeake, VA 23322 - (757) 353-4113 - View Map
Allstate Insurance: Integrity Insurance at Hickory
1296 Battlefield Blvd S #107 - Chesapeake, VA 23322 - (757) 296-2050 - View Map
Finding a good insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- How are claims handled?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
Car insurance savings summarized
We covered a lot of information how to get a better price on Honda Accord insurance in Chesapeake. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Chesapeake car insurance quotes. You may even find the best premium rates are with a small mutual company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
As you shop your coverage around, it's very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
More affordable car insurance in Chesapeake is definitely available online and from local agencies, so get free Chesapeake car insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not offer rates over the internet and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.