How many times have you said it's time to compare more competitive GMC Sierra insurance in Chesapeake? Comparison shopping for low cost GMC Sierra insurance in Chesapeake might be slightly frustrating for drivers not familiar with online price comparisons. You have so many choices that it can quickly become a lot of work to find more affordable rates on GMC Sierra insurance.
It's hard to believe, but 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Drivers in Virginia can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but most undervalue how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Consumers should take time to take a look at other company's rates as often as possible because auto insurance prices are constantly changing. Even if you got the lowest price on GMC Sierra insurance in Chesapeake a couple years back you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you're about to find out the fastest and easiest way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Our objective is to familiarize you with how to get online quotes and also save some money in the process If you have car insurance now, you will surely be able to find better prices using these methods. But Virginia drivers must understand how insurance companies charge you for coverage because it varies considerably.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing more quotes provides better odds of finding the best price. Not every company provides Chesapeake Sierra insurance quotes online, so it's important to compare prices from them as well.
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Virginia. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$172||$340||$248||$14||$74||$848||$71|
|Sierra SL Extended Cab 2WD||$218||$460||$312||$18||$94||$1,102||$92|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$170||$328||$270||$16||$80||$864||$72|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 2WD||$126||$228||$266||$16||$80||$716||$60|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$176||$360||$334||$20||$100||$990||$83|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$250||$472||$258||$16||$78||$1,074||$90|
|Sierra SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$120||$244||$290||$18||$88||$760||$63|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$134||$244||$262||$16||$78||$734||$61|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$176||$312||$262||$16||$78||$844||$70|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 4WD||$278||$580||$348||$20||$104||$1,330||$111|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$194||$386||$290||$18||$88||$976||$81|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$216||$446||$334||$20||$100||$1,116||$93|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$216||$446||$290||$18||$88||$1,058||$88|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 2WD||$270||$532||$262||$16||$78||$1,158||$97|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 4WD||$226||$450||$348||$20||$104||$1,148||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in zip code location which can alter premium rates substantially.
GMC Sierra insurance rates by age and gender
The chart below illustrates the difference between GMC Sierra insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The example below shows the comparison of GMC Sierra insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The price estimates are based on no violations or accidents, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no set guideline that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your GMC Sierra replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after the deductible is paid. If premium cost is more than $600 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Don't overlook these GMC Sierra insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't list the entire discount list in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Chesapeake auto insurance online.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Buy New and Save - Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Waiver for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but some companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven't had any claims before the accident.
- Military Deployment Discount - Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Driving less could earn better auto insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
Consumers should know that some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, it doesn't quite work that way.
Companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good student, defensive driving training, accident-free, safe vehicle, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple policy.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including good student, air bags, driver training, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, and anti-theft.
- Allstate offers discounts for economy car, EZ pay plan discount, safe driver, FullPay discount, eSmart discount, and premier discount.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for teen safe driver, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, multi-car, and drive less.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including good student, multi-policy, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, driver training, and 55 and retired.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
- AAA may have discounts that include education and occupation, anti-theft, good driver, good student, and AAA membership discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not be available in every state. To choose companies that offer many of these discounts in Virginia, click this link.
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Even though Chesapeake Sierra insurance rates can get expensive, paying for car insurance is required in Virginia but also provides important benefits.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your GMC Sierra, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your GMC at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is wasting up to $750 every year so it's important to compare rates at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance agent or online?
Many people would rather sit down with an agent and that is OK! The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates but also keep your business local. Supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Chesapeake.
Upon completion of this short form, your information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to your email. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to compare prices from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Not all car insurance agents are the same
When researching local Chesapeake agents, you should know the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Chesapeake are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparing auto insurance rates, we recommend you check rates from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with different regional companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Chesapeake who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- Savage and McPherson Insurance
376 Kempsville Rd - Chesapeake, VA 23320 - (757) 547-7131 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: G W Brothers Inc
809 Greenbrier Pkwy Ste 111 - Chesapeake, VA 23320 - (757) 549-4279 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Ty Anderson and Associates Inc
115 Bruton Ct b - Chesapeake, VA 23322 - (757) 482-3500 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. They are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are Chesapeake exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance: Robert Old
311 Johnstown Rd - Chesapeake, VA 23322 - (757) 547-2103 - View Map
- State Farm Insurance|Tom Hoddinott Insurance
3333 Station House Rd - Chesapeake, VA 23321 - (757) 484-1521 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Brinson Byrdsong
644 Grassfield Pkwy #27 - Chesapeake, VA 23322 - (757) 353-4113 - View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the quoted price. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Chesapeake?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Chesapeake?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
Once you have acceptable answers to your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, most likely you have located an insurance agency that meets the criteria to properly insure your vehicles.