How long has it been since you compared quotes for lower-priced Ford Focus insurance in Virginia Beach? Locating cheaper insurance for a Ford Focus in Virginia could be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to find lower rates. There are more efficient ways to buy car insurance so you're going to learn the proper way to quote coverages on a Ford and get the cheapest rates from both online companies and Virginia Beach agents.
If you're already insured or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to find better prices while maintaining coverages. Finding and buying the lowest cost insurance in Virginia Beach is not that difficult. Consumers just need to use the most effective way to shop for insurance from many companies at once.
Compare free Virginia Beach Ford Focus insurance quotes
Finding more affordable insurance rates is actually quite simple. The only requirement is to invest a few minutes comparing free Virginia Beach car insurance quotes to find the company with the cheapest Ford Focus rate quotes.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Save with these discounts
Some companies don't list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Telematics Discount - Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to study driving manner by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Homeowners Savings - Simply owning a home can save you money since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying a policy with more than one vehicle with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower price if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get a small discount on rates.
- Distant College Student Discount - Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Virginia Beach and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Membership in Organizations - Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Federal Government Employee - Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Virginia Beach car insurance but check with your company.
- Air Bag Discount - Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, you won't be that lucky.
Popular car insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, and online signing.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include bundle discounts, distant student, youthful driver, alternative fuel, early shopping, homeowner, and business and professional.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for driver training, safe driver, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, good student, multi-policy, and youthful driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, accident-free, student away at school, and good driver.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for emergency military deployment, good student, daytime running lights, military active duty, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO has savings for bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, anti-theft, and teen safety rewards.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for preferred payment discount, safety features, hybrid vehicle, exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, good student, and multi-car.
Double check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in Virginia Beach. If you would like to choose from a list of companies with discount rates in Virginia Beach, click here.
Auto insurance in Virginia serves several purposes
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Focus in Virginia Beach, buying auto insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Ford Focus with a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Ford for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $850 per year so it's recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really isn't a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Will my Ford Focus be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Exclusive or independent insurance agencies
Many drivers would prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is sent to agents in your area that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If you need to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- If they are an independent agency in Virginia Beach, which companies do they recommend?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Virginia Beach
When narrowing the list to find an insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agencies are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can handle auto insurance, but it's worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence the selection process.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents are contracted to one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are trained well on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand and solid financial strength.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Virginia Beach that are able to give price quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
4389 Virginia Beach Blvd - Virginia Beach, VA 23462 - (757) 583-2200 - View Map
- Brett Cambron - State Farm Insurance Agent
1485 General Booth Blvd ste. 114 - Virginia Beach, VA 23454 - (757) 499-0559 - View Map
- Larry Akers - State Farm Insurance Agent
928 Diamond Springs Rd Ste 131 - Virginia Beach, VA 23455 - (757) 497-3853 - View Map
Independent agents often have many company appointments so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. When searching for an agent, you definitely need to include rate quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which may provide better rates.
Shown below are Virginia Beach independent insurance agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Bunn Insurance Agency Inc
1248 Culver Ln - Virginia Beach, VA 23454 - (757) 426-2664 - View Map
- Huffman Insurance Agency
5541 Parliament Dr #209 - Virginia Beach, VA 23462 - (757) 200-3183 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Lovas Insurance Agency Inc
244 Mustang Trail #1 - Virginia Beach, VA 23452 - (757) 340-8310 - View Map
If you receive acceptable answers to your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you may have found an insurance agency that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles. Just understand that it's your policy and you can terminate coverage whenever you choose to so never assume that you are obligated to a policy for the full term.