Want to learn how to save money and find more competitive Ford Focus insurance in Chesapeake? Searching for low-cost insurance for a Ford Focus in Virginia can normally be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to save time.
There are more efficient ways to compare auto insurance rates so we're going to tell you the proper way to compare rates for a Ford and obtain the lowest price from both online companies and Chesapeake agents.
If you have a current car insurance policy or need a new policy, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates without having to cut coverage. Buying the best protection in Chesapeake is quite easy. Smart shoppers just have to understand the most time-saving way to compare rates online.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Chesapeake, VA. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$104||$242||$312||$18||$94||$770||$64|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$160||$270||$338||$20||$100||$888||$74|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$118||$306||$348||$20||$104||$896||$75|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$122||$248||$338||$20||$100||$828||$69|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$112||$228||$300||$18||$90||$748||$62|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$190||$462||$328||$20||$98||$1,098||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in vehicle location which can raise or lower prices greatly.
Higher deductibles save money
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can raise or lower Ford Focus yearly insurance costs for each age group. The data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Careless driving habits raise auto insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates how violations and accidents can influence Ford Focus auto insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Save with these discounts
Some insurance providers don't always list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- Data Collection Discounts - Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to monitor their driving habits remotely such as State Farm's In-Drive could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- Chesapeake Homeowners Discount - Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- Accident Waiver - Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Libery Mutual, GEICO and Allstate may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Clubs and Organizations - Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Chesapeake could earn you a nice discount on your next insurance statement.
- Full Payment Discount - If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Seat Belt Usage - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Drivers Education - Teen drivers should successfully complete driver's ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
We need to note that some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that you could get a free insurance policy, it doesn't quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut your overall bill.
To find insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Virginia, click here.
Choosing the best Ford vehicle insurance in Virginia is an important decision
Even though Chesapeake Focus insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Ford for a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $700 annually so it's very important to do a rate comparison every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Every insured's situation is different and your insurance should be unique as well. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if you might need an agent's assistance.
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Does my Ford Focus qualify for pleasure use?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Virginia?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
If you're not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
What if I want to buy from local Chesapeake insurance agents?
A small number of people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is important especially in Chesapeake.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your business. You don't have to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
When researching a local Chesapeake insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they work. Insurance policy providers are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can sell insurance policies, but it's important to know the differences since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to get quotes from independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Most also write with mutual insurance companies who may have lower rates.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Chesapeake who may be able to give you free insurance quotes.
- Ferguson Insurance Ctr
1407 Stephanie Way - Chesapeake, VA 23320 - (757) 201-3000 - View Map
- Parker Reigle Insurance Agency
1015 Eden Way N c - Chesapeake, VA 23320 - (757) 547-5118 - View Map
- Missions Insurance Agency: Jacques Cureton
517 Kempsville Rd F - Chesapeake, VA 23320 - (757) 447-7211 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Chesapeake that are able to give rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance: Robert Old
311 Johnstown Rd - Chesapeake, VA 23322 - (757) 547-2103 - View Map
- Kathy Kretz - State Farm Insurance Agent
838 Old George Washington Hwy N h - Chesapeake, VA 23323 - (757) 487-0074 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Marshall Harrell
681 N Battlefield Blvd l - Chesapeake, VA 23320 - (757) 436-1704 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agency should depend on more than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- How long has their agency been open in Chesapeake?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Chesapeake?