Looking for cheaper Ford Escape insurance in Norfolk? Having to pay for overpriced Ford Escape insurance in Norfolk can deplete your savings and possibly require postponing other expenditures.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that nearly 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Virginia insurance shoppers could save roughly $500 every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't know the amount of money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
Drivers have many insurers to choose from, and although it's a good thing to have multiple companies, more options can take longer to get the best deal for Ford Escape insurance in Norfolk.
You need to quote other rates periodically because auto insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the best rates on Ford Escape insurance in Norfolk six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're about to find out one of the best ways to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
To find the best insurance rates, there are several ways to get quotes from different companies. By far the easiest way to find the cheapest Ford Escape insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes.
Getting rates online is very simple and it replaces the need to drive around to and from local Norfolk insurance agencies. Comparing online rate quotes has made agencies unnecessary unless you have a complicated situation and need the advice and guidance of a licensed agent. It is possible with some companies compare online quotes but have a local agent actually write the policy. When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing a large number of companies increases the chance that you will find lower pricing. Not every company does online rate quotes, so you also need to get quotes from them as well.
The following companies offer price quotes in Virginia. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$104||$200||$264||$16||$80||$664||$55|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$214||$404||$296||$18||$88||$1,020||$85|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$166||$338||$248||$14||$74||$840||$70|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$246||$404||$296||$18||$88||$1,052||$88|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$180||$274||$296||$18||$88||$856||$71|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$190||$378||$284||$16||$86||$954||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can influence rates greatly.
Careless driving habits raise auto insurance rates
The diagram below shows how speeding tickets and accident claims can impact Ford Escape car insurance costs for each different age category. The data is based on a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cheaper Norfolk insurance quotes with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but some must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Insuring more than one vehicle on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Clubs and Organizations - Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Norfolk may earn a discount on insurance.
- Driver Safety - Passing a course in defensive driver may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Drive Less and Save - Keeping the miles down on your Ford could earn slightly better prices than normal.
- E-sign Discounts - A few larger online companies give back up to $50 simply for signing on their website.
- College Student - College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Norfolk and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren't that lucky.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- State Farm may include discounts for student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, driver's education, and defensive driving training.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for distant student, switch companies, good student, multi-car, and electronic funds transfer.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, and good student.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for good student, seat belt use, federal employee, anti-theft, membership and employees, and emergency military deployment.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for company car, good student, air bags, group or association, anti-lock brakes, and paid in full.
- The Hartford has discounts for good student, anti-theft, defensive driver, air bag, vehicle fuel type, and driver training.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include safe driver, multi-policy, youthful driver, 55 and retired, renewal discount, and driver training.
- USAA offers discounts including loyalty savings, multi-policy, driver training, multi-vehicle, new vehicle, and safe driver.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Ford Escape rate quotes, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not apply in every state.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Norfolk insurance agency
Certain consumers would rather have an agent's advice and that is OK! The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents in Norfolk who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Before buying a policy in Norfolk, get answers to these questions.
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
If you are searching for a local insurance agency, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Norfolk willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, we recommend you get insurance quotes from a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Norfolk that can give you rate quotes.
FR44 and SR22 Insurance Norfolk Virginia
Waterside Dr - Norfolk, VA 23510 - (844) 384-2765 - View Map
Tricks in car insurance advertising
Respected companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive regularly use ads in print and on television. All the ads convey the message about saving some big amount if you just switch to their company. How is it possible that every company can save you money on Ford Escape insurance in Norfolk? It's all in the numbers.
Car insurance companies look for specific characteristics for the type of insured that will generate a profit. For instance, this type of driver could be married and over the age of 30, has a low-risk occupation, and has a short commute. Any customer that matches those criteria receives the best auto insurance rates in Norfolk and most likely will cut their Ford Escape insurance rates if they switch.
Potential customers who fall outside those criteria may receive higher rates which translates to business going elsewhere. The trick companies use is to say "drivers that switch" not "everyone who quotes" can get the lowest rates when switching. This is how companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings. Because of these techniques, you absolutely need to compare rate quotes every year. You cannot predict with any certainty which company will have the best rates at this point in time.
Educate yourself about insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of insurance helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like damage from flooding, a broken windshield and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and damage to your Ford Escape.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 25/50/20), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Escape resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle, sideswiping another vehicle and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your Escape to bring the cost down.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses like prosthetic devices, funeral costs, ambulance fees, dental work and hospital visits. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to other's property or people that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/20 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $20,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like repair bills for other people's vehicles, pain and suffering and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Virginia state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/20 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
As you prepare to switch companies, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
More affordable auto insurance in Norfolk is attainable both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
To read more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- How Much are Virginia Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Nurses in Virginia? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Virginia? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Dale City, Virginia? (FAQ)
- How Much is Virginia Auto Insurance for a Subaru Impreza? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Auto Insurance for a Toyota 4Runner? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Bad Credit in Virginia? (FAQ)
- How Much are Virginia Car Insurance Quotes for 4x4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students in Virginia? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Silverado in Virginia? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)