How long have you put off shopping around for the cheapest Toyota Camry insurance in Virginia Beach? Do you get frustrated by the sheer number of car insurance choices in your area? Many other people are as well. Virginia drivers have so many options that it can quickly become a ton of work to compare premium rates on Toyota Camry insurance. Everyone knows that Virginia Beach is a great city to raise a family in, but expensive premiums for car insurance can make it difficult for lots of drivers to meet other financial obligations.
A study showed that the majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Virginia consumers can cut their rates by as much as $548 a year, but they don't know how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
It's a good habit to do rate comparisons before your policy renews because car insurance prices tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Toyota Camry insurance in Virginia Beach on your last policy you may be paying too much now. You can search a lot of Camry insurance online, but in a few minutes you can learn a bunch of ideas how to lower your car insurance premiums.
Cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will be applied when you purchase, but some must be inquired about before they will apply. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Smart Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Club Memberships - Being in a qualifying organization can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Defensive Driving Course - Completing a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Sign Early and Save - Select insurance companies give a discount for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current Camry insurance policy. It could save around 10% when you buy Virginia Beach auto insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you're out of luck.
If you would like to see a list of providers who offer online Toyota Camry insurance quotes in Virginia Beach, click this link.
The method we recommend to get rate comparisons for Toyota Camry insurance in Virginia Beach is to know the fact all the major auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to give you rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is take a few minutes to give details including coverage limits, if you are currently licensed, if it has an anti-theft system, and an estimate of your credit level. The data is instantly sent to multiple car insurance providers and they return quotes almost instantly.
To get price quotes for your Toyota Camry now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Virginia Beach.
The companies in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Virginia. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can raise or lower insurance rates greatly.
Does full coverage make sense?
The diagram below shows the comparison of Toyota Camry insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The price estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There isn't a steadfast formula to eliminate physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Toyota Camry book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $300 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper auto insurance rates
The example below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can affect Toyota Camry insurance rates for each age group. The data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can affect Toyota Camry premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance can get complicated
Always keep in mind that when comparing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions could help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Virginia?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Buying insurance from Virginia Beach car insurance agents
Some people would rather go talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is you may find the lowest rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Virginia Beach.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Virginia Beach that can give you free Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't even need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, you would need to visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Does their agency support local causes in Virginia Beach?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
Compare rates regularly to save
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to reduce Toyota Camry insurance rates online in Virginia Beach. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from an unexpected company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
A few companies do not provide internet price quotes and many times these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents. Low-cost Toyota Camry insurance in Virginia Beach is definitely available from both online companies and with local Virginia Beach insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection.
When searching for inexpensive Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Norfolk, VA? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)