How long have you put off shopping around for lower-priced insurance rates in Chesapeake, VA? Chesapeake consumers have a choice when looking for low-cost Hyundai Elantra insurance. They can either waste time driving around to get rate comparisons or use the internet to get rate quotes. There is a better way to find insurance online so you're going to learn the absolute fastest way to compare rates for a Hyundai and find the best price possible from Chesapeake insurance agents and online providers.
Companies offering competitive Hyundai Elantra price quotes in Chesapeake, VA
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Virginia. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$186||$372||$284||$16||$86||$944||$79|
|Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$122||$248||$338||$20||$100||$828||$69|
|Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$226||$394||$338||$20||$100||$1,078||$90|
|Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$158||$366||$312||$18||$94||$948||$79|
|Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$214||$392||$224||$14||$66||$910||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase coverage rates considerably.
Auto insurance deductibles
The illustration below highlights how deductible choice and can increase or decrease Hyundai Elantra insurance premiums for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Cost of full coverage in Chesapeake
The illustration below shows the difference between Hyundai Elantra insurance premiums with full coverage and liability only. Data assumes no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, single female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no clear-cut formula to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's say your Hyundai Elantra book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $700 a year for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven't paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Save a ton by taking advantage of discounts
Some providers don't list every discount they offer very clearly, so the list below details some of the best known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Chesapeake auto insurance online.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Completing a defensive driver class could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Save over 55 - If you're over the age of 55, you could receive reduced rates.
- Driver's Education for Students - Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver's education in high school.
- Accident Free - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best auto insurance rates when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Sign Early and Save - Select auto insurance companies give a discount for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current Elantra insurance policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren't that generous. Any amount of discount will help reduce your policy cost.
Some of the larger companies that may offer policyholders many of the previously listed discounts are:
If you need cheaper Chesapeake auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state.
Four Things That Impact Your Insurance Prices
Lots of factors are used when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, although some other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time. Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The items below are some of the major factors that factor into rates.
- Get better rates if married - Having a wife or husband actually saves money when buying car insurance. It demonstrates that you tend to be more responsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Know your vehicle's NHTSA crash test rating - Cars with five star safety ratings cost less to insure. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you.
- Credit history impacts rates - Your credit history can be a huge factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. So if your credit can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Hyundai Elantra if you clean up your credit. Consumers who have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Alarm systems lowers car insurance rates - Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent vehicle theft.
- Insurance losses for a Hyundai Elantra - Companies study historical loss data when setting premium rates. Vehicles that have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher cost to insure.
The next table shows the collected loss data for Hyundai Elantra vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Hyundai Elantra Vehicles
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Elantra 102 102 90 133 137 117 Hyundai Elantra GT 95 91 95 112 114 107
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agent or online?
Many people would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Professional agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an provider is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Chesapeake should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is coverage determined by price?
- If they are an independent agency in Chesapeake, which companies do they recommend?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
If you're trying to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different types of agents that you can select. Chesapeake agents can either be exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles, but it's a good idea to understand the difference between them because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. These agents are well schooled in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand name rather than low price.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Chesapeake who can help you get price quotes.
- State Farm: Stephanie Grayson
1021 Eden Way N #119 - Chesapeake, VA 23320 - (757) 547-9323 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Debbie Suddeth
#, 809 Live Oak Dr #14 - Chesapeake, VA 23320 - (757) 420-6010 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
109 Volvo Pkwy Suite 5 - Chesapeake, VA 23320 - (757) 549-1772 - View Map
Independent agents do not have single company limitations and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part. When comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with smaller companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are independent agents in Chesapeake that are able to give price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: J D Auvil Inc
3101 American Legion Rd #14 - Chesapeake, VA 23321 - (757) 695-3364 - View Map
- Cooksey Insurance Agency
845 Greenfield Ln - Chesapeake, VA 23322 - (757) 819-6896 - View Map
- Al Vincent's Insurance Agency
1024 N Battlefield Blvd - Chesapeake, VA 23320 - (757) 547-0690 - View Map
Brand name doesn't guarantee savings
Consumers in Virginia get pounded daily by advertisements that claim the best prices from the likes of State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to state the claim that drivers will save a bundle if you just switch your policy.
How does every company make the same claim? This is the way they can do it.
All the different companies offer their best rates for the type of driver that earns them the highest profit. For instance, a preferred risk might be between 30 and 50, has never had a claim, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Anyone that meets those criteria may get the lowest prices in Chesapeake and will most likely save when switching.
Insureds who don't qualify for the ideal profile may be required to pay higher prices which translates to the customer buying from someone else. The trick companies use is to say "drivers who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" can save as much as they claim. This is how companies can truthfully make it sound like they have such great rates. Because each company has a different risk profile, drivers must do a rate comparison at every renewal. It's impossible to know with any certainty which company will give you lower prices than your current company.
Persistent drivers can save
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to reduce Hyundai Elantra insurance premium rates online in Chesapeake. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding affordable Hyundai Elantra insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, being labeled a high risk driver, not issuing a premium refund and delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
When getting Chesapeake auto insurance quotes online, it's not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Much more information about auto insurance in Virginia can be read below:
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Police Officers in Virginia? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Virginia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Virginia? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Virginia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Car Insurance for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)