Have you finally had enough of not being able to afford to buy auto insurance? You're in the same situation as millions of other drivers.
Astonishing but true, most auto insurance customers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Virginia Beach insurance shoppers could pocket roughly 45% a year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue the benefits if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Due to the large number of options when it comes to auto insurance, it can be impossible to find the lowest cost auto insurance provider.
This article's goal is to instruct you on how insurance works and also save some money in the process If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to shop for the lowest rates using this information. But Virginia vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of how the larger insurance companies sell online because it varies considerably.
Buy Virginia Beach Fiat 500 insurance online
When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing more quotes will enable you to find the best price. Not every company allows you to get Virginia Beach 500 insurance quotes over the internet, so you also need to get price estimates from them, too.
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Get cheap Fiat 500 insurance in Virginia Beach with discounts
Some insurers do not list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings as much as 30%.
- Homeowners Savings - Being a homeowner can save you money since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Driver's Ed - It's a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver's education class in high school.
- College Student Discount - Older children who are attending college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
- No Accidents - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less compared to drivers who are more careless.
- ABS Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Driver Training Discounts - Participating in a class that teaches driver safety techniques could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. Any amount of discount will reduce your overall bill.
Some companies that have these discounts include:
Check with every insurance company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in Virginia Beach. To locate insurance companies who offer free Fiat 500 insurance quotes in Virginia, click here to view.
Car insurance in Virginia serves several purposes
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Fiat 500 with a loan, almost all lenders will require that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Fiat for a lot more money and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your Fiat and your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your 500 more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Virginia is overpaying over $869 every year so compare rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Local Virginia Beach auto insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! A good thing about comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local agents is especially important in Virginia Beach.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Virginia Beach that provide free Virginia Beach car insurance quotes for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to drive around since price quotes are sent to you. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Virginia Beach for you
If you're trying to find a local Virginia Beach insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Virginia Beach may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. When comparing car insurance rates, you definitely need to get quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agents in Virginia Beach who may provide price quote information.
These type of agents can only write with one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They receive a lot of sales training on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below are Virginia Beach exclusive agents who can help you get price quotes.
Selecting an car insurance agent should depend on more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?