Would you like to stop overpaying and find more competitive Dodge Ram insurance in Virginia Beach? Comparison shopping for cheaper Dodge Ram insurance in Virginia Beach could be very difficult for drivers who are new to shopping for insurance online. With such a big selection of agents and online companies available, it can be a big hassle to find the best coverage rates.
Unfortunately, most consumers in Virginia kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers could pocket 47% a year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Locating the best rates in Virginia Beach is not that difficult. If you already have coverage, you stand a good chance to be able to shop for the lowest rates using this information. But Virginia car owners must learn the methods companies use to charge you for coverage and apply this information to your search.
The easiest way to compare car insurance company rates for Dodge Ram insurance in Virginia Beach takes advantage of the fact car insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give you rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including daily mileage, deductibles desired, how much education you have, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. That rating data is sent automatically to insurance carriers in your area and you will receive price estimates instantly to find the best rate.
To compare multiple company cheap Dodge Ram insurance rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Virginia Beach, VA. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need vehicle insurance in Virginia
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Dodge in Virginia Beach, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Virginia and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability in order to be legal. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Dodge Ram, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your Dodge gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $869 every year so it's important to compare rates at least once a year to save money.
Save a ton by taking advantage of these five discounts
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that many people don't even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but a few must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Government Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Virginia Beach Homeowners Pay Less - Owning a house in Virginia Beach can get you a discount because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you're out of luck.
A few companies who might offer these discounts include:
When quoting, ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not be offered in your area. To choose insurers offering car insurance discounts in Virginia, click this link.
You may require the services of a local insurance agent
Some consumers would rather talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Virginia Beach who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don't have to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to compare rates from a particular provider, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good provider requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- How are they compensated?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Virginia Beach?
Below is a list of insurers in Virginia Beach that may be able to provide rate quotes for Dodge Ram insurance in Virginia Beach.
- Towne Insurance
301 Bendix Rd #300 - Virginia Beach, VA 23452 - (757) 468-6100 - View Map
- Aubrey Pithwa - State Farm Insurance Agent
562 Lynnhaven Pkwy #201 - Virginia Beach, VA 23452 - (757) 227-9700 - View Map
- Nicki Kopassis Insurance Agency Inc.
2433 N Landing Rd - Virginia Beach, VA 23456 - (757) 301-6397 - View Map
- WBR Insurance
3213 Virginia Beach Blvd - Virginia Beach, VA 23452 - (757) 340-0028 - View Map
Insurance coverages 101
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses such as prosthetic devices, nursing services and doctor visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as falling objects, hitting a deer, fire damage and rock chips in glass. The highest amount you'll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Dodge Ram.
Due to the fact that many Virginia drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/20 in Virginia), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Ram from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible on your Ram to save money on collision insurance.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/20 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $20,000.
Liability coverage protects against things such as loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses, structural damage and repair bills for other people's vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Virginia requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/20 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
Cheap coverage is out there
There are still a few companies who don't offer price quotes online and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents. Lower-priced Dodge Ram insurance in Virginia Beach is available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you need to compare both to have the best selection.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service, high prices or even high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new auto insurance company is actually quite simple.
You just read many tips how you can find cheap Dodge Ram insurance in Virginia Beach. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you'll have of finding low cost Virginia Beach car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best car insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles: