Are you looking for cheaper insurance rates in Norfolk, VA? Norfolk consumers have options when looking for affordable Chevy Silverado insurance. You can either waste hours driving around to compare prices or leverage the internet to get rate quotes.
There are more efficient ways to shop for insurance so you're going to learn the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a Chevy and get the cheapest rates from both online companies and Norfolk agents.
If you are already insured or want to find a cheaper company, you can use these tips to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. The intent of this article is to introduce you to the best methods to compare rates and some tips to save money. You only have to learn the most effective way to quote multiple rates instantly.
Seven Tips to Get More Affordable Norfolk Insurance Rates
Part of the insurance buying process is learning the factors that aid in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower premium levels.
Shown below are most of the major factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Males are more aggressive - Statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both cause fender benders at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving.
- Theft deterrents lowers rates - Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention features like GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder auto theft.
- Mature drivers save more - Young drivers in Virginia are statistically proven to be easily distracted behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Older insureds are shown to be more cautious, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.
- Fewer miles means better costs - Driving a lot of miles every year the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies calculate rates based on their usage. Vehicles that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. Improper usage on your Silverado may be wasting your money. It's always a good idea to double check that your declarations sheet correctly shows the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Reserve insurance claims for larger damages - If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Virginia provide better rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- More than one policy can earn a discount - Lots of insurance companies provide lower prices to insureds who buy several policies from them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you already get this discount, it's always a smart idea to get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.There is a good possibility that you can save even more even if you insure with multiple companies
- Do you know you're credit history? - Credit score is a large factor in calculating your insurance rates. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with bad credit. If your credit rating could use some work, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Silverado by improving your rating.
- Claims statistics for a Chevy Silverado - Auto insurance companies factor in insurance loss information to help calculate premium rates. Models that the data determines to have higher loss trends will cost more for coverage.
The table below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Chevy Silverado vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Silverado Models
Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2WD 76 118 85 78 69 125 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD 60 76 72 54 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 2WD 89 103 131 77 70 94 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4WD 96 105 116 57 57 87 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 2WD 90 126 100 88 85 117 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4WD 84 98 89 60 60 88 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 2WD 60 65 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4WD 66 97 66 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 2WD 76 127 65 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4WD 88 114 97 45 42 82 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 2WD 80 54 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 4WD 79 105 83 37 43 75 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4WD 65 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab 4WD 98 127 108 54 39 76 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Ext Cab 4WD 129 127
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates for Chevy Silverado insurance in Norfolk is to know most of the bigger providers participate in online systems to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data including what your job is, whether you are married, how you use your vehicles, and whether your vehicle is owned or leased. The rating information is automatically sent to many of the top insurers and they return quotes with very little delay.
To find the cheapest Chevy Silverado insurance rates, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Norfolk.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Norfolk, VA. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$82||$144||$274||$16||$82||$598||$50|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$148||$270||$270||$16||$80||$784||$65|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$154||$278||$274||$16||$82||$804||$67|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$120||$206||$296||$18||$88||$728||$61|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$170||$346||$290||$18||$88||$912||$76|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$198||$336||$258||$16||$78||$886||$74|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$112||$194||$300||$18||$90||$714||$60|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$170||$328||$328||$20||$98||$944||$79|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$194||$386||$290||$18||$88||$976||$81|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$250||$486||$392||$24||$118||$1,270||$106|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$120||$244||$270||$16||$80||$730||$61|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$278||$580||$392||$24||$118||$1,392||$116|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$194||$406||$328||$20||$98||$1,046||$87|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$182||$318||$258||$16||$78||$852||$71|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$228||$434||$300||$18||$90||$1,070||$89|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$176||$336||$248||$14||$74||$848||$71|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$194||$468||$290||$18||$88||$1,058||$88|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$218||$462||$248||$14||$74||$1,016||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can change insurance rates considerably.
Chevrolet Silverado insurance rates by gender
The information below compares Chevrolet Silverado insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Save $430 a year. For real?
Virginia drivers can't ignore all the ads for the lowest price auto insurance by Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies try to convey promises about how much you will save if you move your auto insurance coverage to their company.
How is it plausible that every one can offer drivers better rates? This is the way they can do it.
Companies provide the lowest rates for the type of driver that will not have excessive claims. One example of this type of insured could be between the ages of 30 and 45, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any driver who fits that profile will probably get cheap prices and will most likely pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential insureds who are not a match for these standards may be forced to pay more expensive rates which results in the customer buying from a different company. The trick is to say "people that switch" not "all people who quote" will save that much if they switch. That is how insurance companies can confidently make claims that they all have the best car insurance rates.
That is why you should compare rate quotes every year. You cannot predict which company will give you lower rates than your current company.
Insurance is not optional in Virginia
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Silverado insurance, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chevy Silverado with a loan, most lenders will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average driver in Virginia is overpaying over $850 per year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Norfolk car insurance discounts
Some insurance providers do not advertise all their discounts very well, so we researched both the well known and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- New Car Discount - Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Membership in Organizations - Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount when getting a Norfolk auto insurance quote.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies allow you one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Government Employees - Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Life Insurance Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Own a Home - Owning your own home or condo can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
Don't be shocked that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that it's possible to get free car insurance, that's just not realistic.
Insurance companies that may include these benefits include:
Before buying, ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in your area. To see a list of car insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Norfolk, click here.
Buying from insurance agents
Many people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! Insurance agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you may find lower rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting local agencies is important particularly in Norfolk.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific company, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
When looking for a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know how they differ since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rates, you absolutely need to contact at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with different regional companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Norfolk who may be able to give you rate quotes.
- Prudential Insurance Co
616 W 24th St - Norfolk, VA 23517 - (757) 304-6172 - View Map
- Richard M Marshall Insurance
132 Afton Ave - Norfolk, VA 23505 - (757) 480-6539 - View Map
- Willis of Virginia Inc
150 W Main St - Norfolk, VA 23510 - (757) 622-4573 - View Map
Exclusive agents can only write with one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are Norfolk exclusive agents willing to provide price quote information.
- Bill Bowman - State Farm Insurance Agent
765 W Little Creek Rd b - Norfolk, VA 23505 - (757) 587-1307 - View Map
- Karen Clark - State Farm Insurance Agent
1529 International Blvd #101 - Norfolk, VA 23513 - (757) 351-3335 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Mike Sanoba
1904 Colley Ave - Norfolk, VA 23517 - (757) 533-9200 - View Map
Choosing a insurance agency shouldn't rely on just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Norfolk?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
Keep this in mind when shopping around
We just covered a lot of techniques to shop for Chevy Silverado insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high prices, extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices and even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn't matter why you want to switch switching car insurance companies is actually quite simple.
As you prepare to switch companies, don't be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles: