Want to learn how to save money and find more competitive Chevy Equinox insurance in Richmond? Cutting costs on Chevy Equinox insurance in Richmond is hard for drivers new to quoting coverage prices online. With such a big selection of agents and insurance companies available, it can easily become a big hassle to find cheaper Chevy Equinox insurance rates.
Remarkably, a study showed that most consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared insurance rates at all. Richmond insurance shoppers could cut their rates by about 45% a year, but they just don't understand how easy it is to do a rate comparison.
It's a good habit to check insurance prices quite often due to the fact that insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the best quotes on Chevy Equinox insurance in Richmond two years ago there may be better deals available now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding Equinox insurance out there, but in a few minutes you can learn some of the best techniques to reduce your insurance bill.
How to buy Chevy Equinox insurance online
To find cheaper prices, there are a couple of ways to compare quotes from many different Virginia insurance companies. The quickest method to find affordable Chevy Equinox insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes increases the chance that you will find the best rates. Some smaller insurers do not give online Richmond Equinox insurance quotes, so you should also compare price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Virginia. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
You may qualify for discounts for Chevy Equinox insurance in Richmond
Companies that sell car insurance don't always list all disounts very clearly, so the following list contains both the well known and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Fewer annual miles on your Chevy could qualify for discounted car insurancerates on garaged vehicles.
- Life Insurance Discount - Larger car insurance companies have a lower premium rate if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Organization Discounts - Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Student in College - Older children who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you can combine your auto and home policy and insure them with the same company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Good Student - A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
Don't be shocked that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren't that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower your overall bill.
Some companies that may offer quotes with most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
If you need affordable Richmond car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in your state. To see a list of insurers offering car insurance discounts in Virginia, click here.
Choosing Chevy Equinox insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, buying auto insurance is mandatory in Virginia but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chevy, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $850 per year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Get rate quotes but work with a neighborhood Richmond auto insurance agent
Many drivers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from local agents is still important in Richmond.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to participating agents in Richmond who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent immediately to you. You'll get the best rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you just need to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Two types of car insurance agents
If you're trying to find a local Richmond insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they operate. Agents in Richmond are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations so they can write business with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, it's a good idea to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with different regional companies which may provide better rates.
Featured below are independent insurance agents in Richmond that may be able to give you price quote information.
- Tony Diservio Insurance, Inc
9305-B Quioccasin Rd - Richmond, VA 23229 - (804) 740-7034 - View Map
- HealthMarkets Insurance Agency
7400 Beaufont Springs Dr #300 - Richmond, VA 23225 - (888) 403-4200 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance - Easley Insurance Agency Inc
301 Southlake Blvd #101 - Richmond, VA 23236 - (804) 794-1151 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company's prices like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are well trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
The following are Richmond exclusive agencies who can help you get price quote information.
- Trish Stratton - State Farm Insurance Agent
3850 Gaskins Rd #210 - Richmond, VA 23233 - (804) 747-0009 - View Map
- Michael Fisher - State Farm Insurance Agent
5930 Brook Rd - Richmond, VA 23227 - (804) 264-9443 - View Map
- Nicole Tritaik - State Farm Insurance Agent
11057 Three Chopt Rd - Richmond, VA 23233 - (804) 747-3333 - View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Richmond?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Who are their largest clients?