Searching for the lowest cost Richmond Nissan Altima insurance quotes on the web may be overwhelming for drivers that are not comfortable with quoting and price shopping on the internet. With such a large number of agents and insurers to choose from, how are we expected to possibly compare every company to locate better rates?
Amazlingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that over 70% of Virginia drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never compared car insurance rates at all. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers can save 46.5% each year just by comparing rates, but they assume it's a waste of time to compare rates and save money.
It's a good habit to get comparison quotes occasionally since insurance prices change quite often. Just because you found the lowest price on Nissan Altima insurance in Richmond six months ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you're about to find out the proper way to buy cheaper Nissan Altima insurance in Richmond.
If you currently have car insurance, you should be able to find the best rates using the ideas covered in this article. Finding and buying the lowest cost policy in Richmond is not as time-consuming as you think. Nevertheless, Virginia car owners need to have an understanding of how big insurance companies market insurance on the web and use it to your advantage.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that more quotes will enable you to find better pricing.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Richmond, VA. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheaper Richmond auto insurance rates with discounts
Some providers don't always advertise every discount they offer in a way that's easy to find, so below is a list both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Richmond car insurance online.
- Renewal Discounts - A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Clubs and Organizations - Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of 20% or more.
- Military Discounts - Being on active duty in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
A partial list of companies who may offer these money-saving discounts include:
It's a good idea to ask all the companies which discounts they offer. Discounts may not apply in every state. To locate auto insurance companies who offer discounts in Virginia, click this link.
Three good reasons to insure your Altima
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Nissan at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Richmond overpays more than $810 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Local insurance agents
Some people would prefer to sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is still important in Richmond.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to agents in your area that provide free Richmond car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don't have to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to you. It's the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
When researching a local insurance agency, it's helpful to know the different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get several quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with companies that do not advertise much that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a small list of independent agencies in Richmond who may provide free rate quotes.
- Etz Insurance Agency
112 S Providence Rd #106 - Richmond, VA 23236 - (804) 272-8822 - View Map
- Rhino Insurance Agency, LLC
2025 E Main St #114 - Richmond, VA 23223 - (804) 303-5050 - View Map
- Sweeney Insurance Agency - Nationwide
510 E Belt Blvd - Richmond, VA 23224 - (804) 232-7790 - View Map
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the brand and strong financial ratings.
The following are Richmond exclusive insurance agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Rob Reece
7958 Forest Hill Ave - Richmond, VA 23225 - (804) 323-0777 - View Map
- Trish Stratton - State Farm Insurance Agent
3850 Gaskins Rd #210 - Richmond, VA 23233 - (804) 747-0009 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Linwood Heath
15 N Thompson St - Richmond, VA 23221 - (804) 354-9400 - View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Richmond?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?