Purchasing the most affordable Virginia Beach Nissan Leaf insurance quotes on the internet is intimidating for vehicle owners who are new to shopping for insurance over the internet. Because there are so many insurance companies available, how can vehicle owners possibly compare every one to find cheaper insurance rates?
A recent insurance study discovered that nearly 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Most drivers in Virginia Beach could save approximately $548 each year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Shopping around for cheaper car insurance coverage in Virginia Beach is not as confusing as people think. Basically, everyone who is looking for cheaper car insurance stands a good chance to find a better price. But Virginia vehicle owners need to learn the methods companies use to compete online because rates fluctuate considerably.
Best companies for Nissan Leaf insurance
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Virginia. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Learn How to Quote Car Insurance at a Discount
Many factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your commute time.
The type of car, truck or SUV makes a difference - The make and model of the vehicle you own makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest base rates are usually for economy passenger cars, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price. Since the Nissan Leaf is a electric compact, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly higher as compared to the average rate in Virginia Beach.
When should you not file a insurance claims? - Companies in Virginia provide the lowest premiums to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
Better car insurance rates for continuous coverage - Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage may result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Virginia DMV.
How much liability - Your policy's liability coverage will afford coverage if you are responsible for damages from an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court starting from day one. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Cheaper premiums using theft deterrents - Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Car insurance rates and your vocation - Occupational choices like real estate brokers, airline pilots, and accountants generally pay higher rates than the rest of us attributed to job stress and lots of time spent away from family. Other professions such as scientists, historians and retirees pay lower than average rates.
Combine policies with the same company - The majority of car insurance companies apply lower prices to clients who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten percent or more. If you currently are using one company, it's in your best interest to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a good possibility that you can save more without the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
Good credit saves on car insurance - Having a bad credit rating can be an important factor in determining your rates. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit ratings. Therefore, if your credit can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your Nissan Leaf by improving your rating.
Insurance losses for a Nissan Leaf - Companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that the data shows to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for coverage.
The next table shows the insurance loss data for Nissan Leaf vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Nissan Leaf Models
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan Leaf Electric||89||84||45||83||64||76|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Nissan Leaf insurance in Virginia Beach with discounts
Some providers do not advertise their entire list of discounts very well, so we researched a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- ABS Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on Leaf insurance in Virginia Beach.
- Multi-line Discount - Larger insurance companies have lower premium rates if you buy life insurance.
- Good Student - This discount may save as much as 25% on a Virginia Beach car insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Driver's Ed - Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver's education class if offered at their school.
- Own a Home - Just owning your own home can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on the same car insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Club Memberships - Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on car insurance.
- College Student - Older children living away from Virginia Beach attending college and won't have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Popular car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- American Family may have discounts that include Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, air bags, good student, defensive driver, and early bird.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for defensive driving, business or organization, family plan, good student, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, defensive driver, claim-free, good driver, accident-free, and good student.
- 21st Century discounts include driver training, homeowners, early bird, anti-lock brakes, and automatic seat belts.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including electronic funds transfer, multi-car, alternative fuel, business and professional, distant student, early shopping, and youthful driver.
- Allstate includes discounts for teenSMART discount, premier plus, FullPay discount, auto/life discount, and economy car.
When getting free Virginia Beach car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts might not apply in Virginia Beach. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies who offer discounts in Virginia, click here to view.
When to have guidance from an agent
Certain consumers just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is OK! A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find lower rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Virginia Beach.
After filling out this quick form, your information is emailed to insurance agents in Virginia Beach that can provide free Virginia Beach car insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your computer since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, you can always navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Two types of Virginia Beach car insurance agents
When looking for a local Virginia Beach insurance agent, it's helpful to know the types of agencies that you can select. Agents can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, it's recommended you compare prices from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can save you money.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Virginia Beach that may be able to give price quote information.
- Nationwide Insurance: Steve Love Insurance Agency Inc
4176 S Plaza Trail Ste 101 - Virginia Beach, VA 23452 - (757) 340-1200 - View Map
- Bunn Insurance Agency Inc
1248 Culver Ln - Virginia Beach, VA 23454 - (757) 426-2664 - View Map
- Towne Insurance
301 Bendix Rd #300 - Virginia Beach, VA 23452 - (757) 468-6100 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are well schooled on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Virginia Beach that are able to give price quote information.
- Lee Barnes - State Farm Insurance Agent
1625 Salem Rd Ste 103 - Virginia Beach, VA 23456 - (757) 467-8890 - View Map
- Mike McDonald - State Farm Insurance Agent
2122 General Booth Blvd #102 - Virginia Beach, VA 23454 - (757) 721-3300 - View Map
- John White State Farm??
1776 Princess Anne Rd - Virginia Beach, VA 23456 - (757) 426-2886 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- How long have they been in business?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
Quote often and quote early
We just presented a lot of information how to shop for Nissan Leaf insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with a small mutual company.
Cheaper insurance in Virginia Beach is possible online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Virginia Beach car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies don't offer internet price quotes and many times these small, regional companies sell through local independent agents.
When you buy Virginia Beach car insurance online, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Arlington, Virginia? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Virginia Beach, Virginia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Car Insurance for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Virginia? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students in Virginia? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Virginia? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)