Sick and tired of not being able to scrape enough together to pay your insurance bill each month? You are no different than many other Virginia drivers.
Shockingly, most insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. With the average insurance premium being $1,200, Virginia drivers can save nearly $500 each year by just comparing quotes, but they just feel it's too hard to find lower-cost insurance rates. Big-name insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance promote their brand names with ads and consumers find it hard to see through the deception and take the time to shop coverage around.
It is always a good idea to do rate comparisons yearly because prices go up and down regularly. Even if you got the lowest price on Ford F-150 insurance in Virginia Beach two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. You'll find a ton of advice on F-150 insurance on the internet, but in a few minutes you can learn some good information on how to lower your insurance rates in Virginia Beach.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or need new coverage, use these money-saving tips to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. Choosing the best rates in Virginia Beach is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. Shoppers just need to use the quickest way to compare prices from many different companies online.
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Some providers do not list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on car insurance.
- Good Students Pay Less - Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Driver Safety - Passing a safe driver course is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Responsible Drivers - Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Virginia Beach car insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on F-150 insurance in Virginia Beach.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like it's possible to get free car insurance, it's just not the way it works.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- Travelers offers discounts including early quote, payment discounts, home ownership, save driver, and student away at school.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, homeowners, air bags, student driver, 55 and older, automatic seat belts, and driver training.
- State Farm has savings for multiple policy, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for membership and employees, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, federal employee, anti-theft, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO offers discounts for multi-car, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA discounts include pay-in-full, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good driver, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in Virginia Beach.
The quickest method to compare insurance rates in your area is to know most of the larger companies participate in online systems to give you rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them some information including how you use your vehicles, your education level, if you require a SR-22, and what your job is. That rating information is automatically sent to many of the top insurers and you get price estimates immediately.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Ford F-150 now, click here then complete the form.
The following companies offer price quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$186||$290||$334||$20||$100||$930||$78|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$158||$254||$266||$16||$80||$774||$65|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$198||$276||$338||$20||$100||$932||$78|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$148||$270||$270||$16||$80||$784||$65|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$166||$322||$270||$16||$80||$854||$71|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$184||$222||$338||$20||$100||$864||$72|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$106||$170||$290||$18||$88||$672||$56|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$170||$284||$290||$18||$88||$850||$71|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$122||$174||$258||$16||$78||$648||$54|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$190||$322||$290||$18||$88||$908||$76|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$222||$328||$258||$16||$78||$902||$75|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$106||$170||$270||$16||$80||$642||$54|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$190||$338||$290||$18||$88||$924||$77|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$172||$228||$242||$14||$72||$728||$61|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$194||$270||$270||$16||$80||$830||$69|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$284||$328||$338||$20||$100||$1,070||$89|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$120||$218||$290||$18||$88||$734||$61|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$142||$230||$248||$14||$74||$708||$59|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$178||$310||$312||$18||$94||$912||$76|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$240||$452||$334||$20||$100||$1,146||$96|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$214||$392||$270||$16||$80||$972||$81|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$194||$346||$290||$18||$88||$936||$78|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$154||$260||$348||$20||$104||$886||$74|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$224||$336||$258||$16||$78||$912||$76|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$244||$460||$312||$18||$94||$1,128||$94|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$134||$244||$262||$16||$78||$734||$61|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$194||$406||$290||$18||$88||$996||$83|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$192||$392||$242||$14||$72||$912||$76|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$140||$228||$266||$16||$80||$730||$61|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$120||$212||$248||$14||$74||$668||$56|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$132||$256||$290||$18||$88||$784||$65|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in zip code location which can influence coverage prices noticeably.
How accidents and tickets impact rates
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can affect Ford F-150 insurance costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Smart Consumers Can Slash Their Insurance Premiums
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the things that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with lower car insurance prices. Many factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
The list below includes some of the most common factors car insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
Accidents hurt - Whether or not you get tickets influences premium rates substantially. Even a single ticket could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it's not affordable. Careful drivers receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. Drivers with license-revoking citations like reckless driving or DUI may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to legally drive.
Mature drivers pay less - Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.Young drivers are known to be inattentive when behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher.
Rates can drop if you have more than one policy - Many companies afford better rates to customers who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to get quotes from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may find a better deal even if you insure with multiple companies
Male costs may be higher - The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn't mean men are worse drivers. Both genders tend to get into at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young males generally have the highest accident percentage so it costs more to insure them.
Is your vehicle theft-ready? - Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can get you a discount on your car insurance. Systems that thwart thieves like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent car theft.
Inexpensive frequent insurance claims are not good - Car insurance companies in Virginia give discounts to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
Do you really need roadside assistance? - There are a ton of extra add-on coverages that can add up if you aren't diligent. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, towing, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may sound like good ideas at first, but if you've never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
Your liability protection limits - Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. Your policy's liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Ford F-150 insurance loss data - Auto insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher claim amounts or frequency will be charged more to insure.
The information below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Ford F-150 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Ford F-150 Insurance Loss Statistics
|Specific Ford Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD||67||110||39|
|Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD||42||93||72|
|Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD||75||76||101||56||57||76|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying from insurance agencies
A lot of people still like to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you may find better rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an provider is decision based upon more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- How long has their agency been in business in Virginia Beach?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Virginia?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Virginia Beach?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
Insurance agent types
If you want a reputable agency, there are a couple of different agency structures that you can select. Insurance agencies may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both write insurance policies, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following are Virginia Beach exclusive agents that can give you price quote information.
Hy Dress - State Farm Insurance Agent
1517 Lynnhaven Pkwy #101 - Virginia Beach, VA 23453 - (757) 427-1987 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not employed by one company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part.
If you need lower rates, it's a good idea to compare quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Virginia Beach who can help you get price quote information.
Car insurance is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford F-150 insurance, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most lenders will require that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford for a lot more money and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $820 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
You can lower your car insurance rates
Cost effective Ford F-150 insurance is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in Virginia Beach, so you need to quote Virginia Beach car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who don't offer rates over the internet and these smaller providers sell through independent agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, it's not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price.
Even more information is located by following these links:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Blacksburg, Virginia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Felons in Virginia? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Virginia? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Richmond, Virginia? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)